Knowledge Varsity

BUSCOM Mini Case 6.1

Welcome to KnowledgeVarsity Forum! This Forum is to answer your queries regarding question text and its instructions for this specific question. Please take a minute before posting a question and see if you can find an answer to your question. If not, please post your question. The Forum moderator will respond very soon!

Hi,

I am having problems using the flash fill. I know what formula I am supposed to use, but I guess it is not the right one because it is not filling up the table. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Hi Nailah,
Flash fill is not in this mini Case.
You have to copy down the formula.
Could you please post the formula here.
thanks

Hi,
Im sorry, I meant to say copy the formula down and over to Cell E24. I am able to copy it straight down and get the correct answers, but I get zeros for the rest of the table when copied across. The formula I am using is =SUM(B5*B13). I have tried everything…

Thank you

Hi Nailah,
The referencing you are using is relative referencing, you will have to construct formulas using mixed references.
When you copy this formula (=SUM(B5xB13) to C21, the formula will change to =SUM(C5xC13).
We dont want this formula, we would like the formula to be =SUM(B5xC13), that is the cell reference B5 should remain as B5, it can be done by fixing the column reference, that is change B5 to $B5 in the original formula.
Please try it should work.
I will recommend you to go through LE 8.1 and 8.2 videos to understand mixed referencing.

Thanks

1 Like